Post Top Ad

TMI: Feeling Like A Cow

Warning this post is not crafty or homemaker related. It is just how I am feeling, feel free to skip over it if breastfeeding or milk production makes you uncomfortable.

If there is one thing in life that I really don't understand it is.... Why on earth does breast milk need to come in like you are feeding ten starving children instead of just coming out to the amount the baby needs.
The first couple of days home from the hospital, I had to pull out my breast pump a couple of times. I astounded my mother in law as I pumped ounces upon ounces just to dump.
Another another occasion, after I had finished pumping my mother in law said that she could see a noticeable difference between my breast size pre-pumping and post-pumping.
Warning Super TMI (but I am sharing this so if someone else has this happen they won't be as freaked out as I was) This would be the most alarming part of my milk coming in this time. I had a sore bump show up on my right under arm, I thought it was an in grown hair from shaving so I squeezed it to see if I could pop it. And instead of puss I had a large amount of milk. At that point I realized it was a clogged milk duct. For the next few days I just tried to keep that side as empty as possible to try and give the milk duct the ability to empty out. We all joked about my third nipple until it finally went down in size. I am happy to report it is gone now.
Last night Ryder was having a hard time going to bed, he was crying and was really upset. I tried to ignore him and then I realized that his crying was making my milk supply go crazy. So I had to go into our bedroom so that I didn't hear the crying.

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I had no idea that was even possible! Good think to know if it ever happens to me! That's hilarious. I'm glad you survived the tale to tell =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness the things we go through :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad