Post Top Ad

Valentine's Sewing

When we were kids my mom always made Valentine's Day special for us. I remember one year one of my siblings (think it was Jo) got socks that had peppers and said "Hot Stuff". When I got in college then I was excited for the approach of Valentine's day because usually it meant some awesome addition to my closet.
I have tried to continue the tradition of making Valentine's day special for my kiddos, last year I blew up around 35 balloons and put them in Ryders room (which is 8' by 10') so that when he woke up from his nap he would be surrounded by balloons. I think we will be doing something similar to this again this year.
I wanted to be able to do something special for Boston but with her only being a month old besides the cuddling, changing diapers and feeding her there isn't a lot special I can do, so I decided to make it special for her I would whip up a dress for her perfect for the holiday of love. That project then turned into 3 projects. With the left over material from Boston's dress I made a three tiered skirt for her cousin and appliqued a faux tie onto a tee shirt for her brother. Here is the result:
Guess what? The Valentine's Dress-up clothes only cost......drum roll.......
$5 dollars. $3 dollars for the shirt that the applique was applied to and $2 dollars for the satin used for the dress and skirt. The Bright pink ribbon used on top of the skirt and used on the tie was material I just had on hand. And the cream on the skirt is scraps from Boston's blessing dress. The Tulle on Boston's dress was some that I had on hand from making her crib skirt.
This little girl loves her baby girl cousin.
What's harder than getting a picture of one kid in their outfit? Answer: Trying to get a picture of 3.

I decided to do a little photo shoot with the toddlers so that we could send some personalized Valentines to the Grandparents some personalized Valentines. I guess we could call these pictures "Valentine's Day Date"
What to do if you have a handsome Valentine's Day Date?
Go for a walk with him.
Give him your best smile.
If that doesn't work give him a goofy grin.
Now in a last ditch effort to save your date, just try to grab his hand.
After that if he runs away don't be afraid to chase him.

After all this work I am ready to go to bed. But I hope you all have a very Happy Valentine's Day.

We are participating in:
I Heart Nap Time Dear Lillie's Valentine's Link Party

3 comments:

  1. Super cute outfits and an unbeatable price tag. :) Love the balloons too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary,
    these are so fun! Great job. I love that little tie shirt. I might have to make one, do you have a diy coming?
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and I love the idea of waking up to a room full of balloons. How fun are you?
    Thanks for sharing.
    p

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad