Post Top Ad

CailaMade: PR&P Sewalong Recap

We are ecstatic to have another talented seamstress and joyful mom. I found her blog the week she made the Jess dress I loved how she combined different fabrics and textures to create something beautiful. One of my favorite things she has made is the Jess Dress cardigan and I was excited when she posted a tutorial for it on her blog. Last week she showed how to make a peasant dress with long sleeves which I was relieved to have a tutorial for because Idaho winters are cold and we live in a city with the nickname Iceberg. It will be so nice to make a long sleeved peasant top for Brooklyn. Go check out her blog, you should probably follow it she is making some pretty rad stuff and uses the cutest fabric.
The Jess Cardigan Tutorial
Long Sleeved Peasant Dress

Hello everyone! I'm Caila from CailaMade and I'm so happy to be here at Shaffer Sisters today. Some of my favorite things in the world are my children, fabric, and bright colors. You're going to see all three of those today. Thanks for having me!

I was asked to share a little bit about my experiences from sewing along with Project Run & Play. It was such an exciting and stretching experience--I can't wait to do it again!

Bias & Buttons Dress for Week 1
Tutorial

1. What was your favorite thing about participating in PR&P?

I think my favorite part about the PR&P sewalong was that it pushed me to try things I've never done before. While sewing my Bias and Buttons dress, I honestly did not know if it was going to work! The whole time I kept thinking, "If this works out, it will be a miracle!" I'm so glad the dress turned out so beautifully, because it taught me to go with my instincts and be courageous.

I have one more favorite, it that's allowed, and it was sewing along with so many talented sewists. I seriously cannot believe how much talent convened in one Flickr group!



2. What was your favorite clothing item you made this season?

I love how striking the Bias and Buttons dress is, but honestly, The Jess Dress is my favorite piece. It was much more technical than Bias & Buttons and I'm somewhat proud of myself for pulling it off. Just a few months ago I wouldn't have been able to design and make this dress from scratch. My daughter, Abby, never wants to take it off and there's something so pleasing about the way the skirt hangs.




I wish I had participated in more of the PR&P weeks, but I launched a blog series and participated in KCWC at the same time. Alas, I only have so many hours in the day. Next year, I plan on doing more. For now, I'm enjoying what I did accomplish.

If you would like to see more of what I've sewn, head on over to my blog, CailaMade! I love making new friends and taking shop about sewing.

1. Bias & Buttons
2. Little Cap and Raglan Tee
3. Long-sleeved Peasant Dress
4. Gold Fever Shorts

3. Lastly, what is your favorite part about being a mom?

This may sound cheesy, but my favorite part about being a mom is being my kids' mom. I think my three children are fantastic people. I've never met anyone I liked so much as I like them! I feel privileged to be a part of their daily lives and to be the one they look to for guidance and love. Mothering is hard work and there is never any rest, but I have gained so much in return. I'm really a lucky woman.


Thank you so much for having me, Shaffer Sisters! It was so wonderful getting to know you and many other talented sewists/designers during PR&P. I look forward to the next one!

4 comments:

  1. Caila,
    Thanks for sharing your talents with us! It is so fun to be a part of a sisterhood of moms who love their kiddo's and love to create magic for them. Keep up the good work!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just love the Bias & Buttons dress, as well as the Jess Dress and cardigan. They are beautiful! The colors, the style, the buttons - all spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much having me here today, and for the kind words in your intro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my sweet friend Caila! She's the best!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad