Post Top Ad

Scary's Signature Style: Cozy Contemporary Mock Wrap

This is the last week of Project Run and Play Sew Along Challenge (well for this year anyway) and I have really enjoyed every project I have made. I am hoping next week to do a round up of my favorite Sew Along Challenge Peers. 
I love being cozy, so much that more than 50% of waking hours I am found in t-shirts and workout clothes. But when I get dressed up I really like to dress up, I like dramatic colors, textures, patterns. So I used scraps from a few refashioning projects to make this little number.
Miss Boston looked so beautiful in this little number but a few minutes after she put it on she came down with stomach flu. So we decided to give her the day off from modeling and throw it on her 3 month younger boy cousin. We were glad that Heber was willing to model this little number. And Al took the pictures so I could take care of my little bird.
The top is made with a Caftan (yep love caftans, like I did here). If you want to make your own Caftan check out Simple Simon and Co. tutorial about it. I then used the ties from the dress that the damask fabric came to make the ties for this little dress. This will give Boston lots of growing room but also allows for great fit.
Then I used the bottom of a dress that I had cut off to make a dress. It is all super stretchy soft knit. And the project cost me NOTHING, since it was made from scraps. The flower on the top of the dress is a removable broach so it could be replaced by any color flower or accents.


1 comment:

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad