Friday, October 12, 2012

Thank Goodness for Little Girls

From the Mouth of Jo:
A few years ago I remember sitting in a friends living room and crying.  I was watching my friends husband dance with his daughter, while she was standing on his feet.  As they spun and twirled, I sat silently with tears streaming down my cheeks.  I thought of all of the times I had wished that Hubbin could dance with his very own little girl.  I mourned for women who weren't married or couldn't have children.  I mourned for friends who had lost children.  I knew that if I felt such sorrow when I had been already so blessed, I was sure that those women must really be hurting.  I prayed for them and yearned for their prayers to be answered.  As I was praying and crying I realized that if I loved a little girl that I would have some day soooo much, then Heavenly Father must really love me.  About 2 years later I finally got my little girl.  She means the world to me.  I thank Heavenly Father every day for sharing her with me. 

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays not only because of the AMAZING food but because it was a time to celebrate family and all that we have been given.
The vintage pillow case is beauty without being abundance. The sleeves made out of an old button up shirt remind me of the beautiful accent colors we have in Idaho from the colorful sunsets to crunch leaves. The bias tape at the skirt bottom, bow and headband I found at this cool thrift store Jo showed us in Helena.
This sleeved pillow case dress (aka peasant top dress) was probably one of my favorite projects for one of my favorite little people. I wanted to make sure that it fit and that this little sweetie wasn't going to be covered in fabric but had just enough room to move but not to drown. To do this instead of using the full width and height of the pillow case I used 1.5 times her largest measurement as the width and measured from shoulder to tea length as the height.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blessing she is. Love the colors in the dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Scary, you are such a talented seemstress/ photographer. Great refashioning/designing/colorscheme.
    PS. I love the little model!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...