Post Top Ad

Snowy Bubble Skirt

When I was going through my mom's fabric I found some leftover snowflake material from my senior year winter formal dress. It wasn't very comfortable fabric to have against my skin but I knew it would be perfect for a bubble skirt for Boston since the snow flake material is stiff it would give good volume but because it would be lined it wouldn't have to touch her skin.
Several months ago when Delia Creates published her Bubble skirt idea I made one with yellow gingham and gray elastic, I love it. And I am constantly getting compliments on it. Since Brooklyn is bigger now I increased the length and the width to accommodate her growth.
The snowflake material was cut at 11 inches long by 42 wide, the top layer lining is 9 inches by 40 inches wide and the knit that gives the bubbling effect is 7 by 22 inches.
I decided to mix it up and do a yoga waist band (because this girl likes to eat and with all the holiday deliciousness I could see that she would need the room). I followed Make It and Love it Yoga Skirt Tutorial for creating the band and attaching it to the skirt.
She was wearing it yesterday (got so busy I forgot to get a picture of her in it) and she kept swishing it around. I think she was happy and comfortable in her little skirt.

1 comment:

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad