Post Top Ad

Vinyl Nativity Blocks


So Scary is super good at staying up on reading blogs. She found this awesome idea of making Nativity Blocks for your kids on Yellow Spool and pinned it on my Pinterest board (she's always doing this for me, which I love; If you want to ever see a random board, this is it).

These are the blocks from Yellow Spool.

This is a really amazing idea especially considering we had tons of extra blocks (that Power Shoes made from a 4X4) just waiting for a purpose.

I liked the general notion, but I wanted a stronger contrast because things to be bold. I put my Silhouette to work (as I do for most projects).
WARNING: This is not for the faint of heart. This took hours, but I really love it.

These are the blocks I made.

We used black stain (left over from my table refinish) on the blocks. I had some white vinyl and I downloaded some nativity images from Silhouette using my subscribe and save credit. Most of the time was spent in weeding the vinyl and making sure we hadn't lost any dots on the i's.Yellow Spool has a free printable to do the light ones.

Both my toddler and baby really love this. I am relieved to have a nativity out that I don't have to spend more time letting the glue dry on it than it is actually on display. This is something that I see myself having and still being loved even when I am a great grandma.

Enjoy!



I used most of the phrases from Yellow Spool, but added some of my own words on the blocks that needed more.

Jesus
  •  J
  • Savior of the World
  • Only Begotten of the Father
  • Luke 2:11
Mary
  •  M
  • Mother of Christ
  • Virgin
  • Luke 1:27-31
Joseph
  • J
  • Mary's Husband
  • Carpenter
  • Matt. 1:18-21
Wise Men
  •  W
  • Gold, Frankincense, & Myrrh
  • Traveled from the East
  • Matt. 2:1-2, 10-11
Shepherds
  •  Sh
  • He is our Shepherd
  • Visited the Babe
  • Luke 2:15-16
Angel
  •  A
  • Heavenly Messenger
  • Glad tidings of great joy
  • Luke 1:28-30, 2:8-12
Camel
  •  C
  • {spit}
  • Came w/ Wise Mend from Afar
Sheep
  • Sh
  • Baaah
  • We are His Sheep
Donkey
  •  D
  • Hee-Haw
  • Carried His Mother
Cow
  • C
  • Mooo
  • Gave up Manger for His bed
Star
  • St
  • Sign of Christ's Birth
  • Bright and Guiding
  • Matt. 2:9-10

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled on this post, and I LOVE the way that you've made this nativity your own!

    Stacie
    www.yellowspool.com

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad