Post Top Ad

Introducing the Designer behind Our Logo

I love how life takes you through a period of snapshots of places and people. Often times it seems like you come across the right people for the stage that you are going through. One of those people is our dear friend Celina.
We have been so blessed to have her humor, "tell it straight" personality, and talents in our life. I remember, when Al first introduced me to Celina, it was during an "Anne of Green Gables" movie party. From that moment, I knew we were sure to be kindred spirits.
One day we were sitting around talking about logo design and Celina talked about how she loved the logo concept and if we ever needed help to just give her a shout. We gladly agreed to accept her help and after asking what our mission was and what style we wanted she whipped out our logo in a few days. And she hit it on the head the first time.
This logo gave us the ability to believe that we could make a difference in others lives and inspire a change in us and them. It is a reminder that our home is our emotional center; it is what keeps us grounded, striving and thriving.
We would like you to get to know our friend and graphic designer, Celina. If you are interested in logo design please contact her at celinalynnallen at gmail dot com.
 Now for the fun part, Introducing Celina, through 11 Random Questions
The most interesting year of my life?
...Hm. "Interesting" is such a relative term! Let's see. Ooh. The year I was born. Life certainly got a little more interesting for everyone that year :) Or I guess it could be the year I graduated high school in Portugal and came to America by myself to start college? That could be interesting.. But no, wait. It might be last year. Yep. Maybe some people would be more interested in my histories, but for me personally, I think this past year has been my most interesting. In this past year I graduated college, became a mommy, a better practiced (though FAR from perfect) homemaker, and really found myself in my own skin. It's been a busy year, but hey, that's probably where the "interesting" part fits in :)


What would you wear on a North Atlantic Cruise?
                   On a North Atlantic cruise, I would definitely wear underwear. But on top of that, I think I'd probably don some of my favorite jeans paired also with favorite boots, LOVE boots. And with said jeans and boots (and likely leggings or long-johns!-- this girl takes bundling seriously.) I would also be wearing a sweater, maybe even an ugly one. To top that off, I would certainly be wearing a parka. Now I'm not even entirely sure what qualifies as a parka, nor do I own one, but if I was going on a N-Atlantic cruise I would most definitely own one. And wear it.

What style of clothing would you wear, given the choice?
                Given the choice of wearing a)western, b)Italian, c)Chinese, or d)American, I'm confused. We all GENERALLY wear similar things these days. So we must be talking about what stereotypically the genres wear.. But wait. What do Italians wear? Probably nothing! In which case, I'm there. That's me :) But if I was dressing that way here, being the United States, pretty sure it wouldn't legally last long, so then I would probably just put on jeans and a shirt/sweater :) Call me American.

What is your favorite and least favorite parts of being a mom?
                I LOVE being a mom! Granted I have the best, happiest kid a girl could ask for, but really it's been so fun! And SO humbling. My favorite part is all the time I get to spend with Greyson and being there to witness his growth and development. It's such an amazing thing to see your kid grasp a concept especially when you consider all the things their environment must bombard them with every day. They have such a capacity for learning! I guess my least favorite part has been "no". Of course it has to be done but I hate to have to teach him something that doesn't make for a happy kid. Oh well, it will make him happier eventually, right? Oh, and also favorite, Greyson is such a flirt. And being around him the most, I'm victim to most of the batted eyelashes and funny furtive looks when he's being naughty. That's been fun.


Who is your favorite artist?
               HA! Who is my favorite artist. That is such a good question! See, I graduated with an art degree, which means I definitely spent a good deal of time around artists, famous and non, alive and dead, and I don't think I came away from my education with an "oh, this person is my favorite artist". I don't know! I for sure love some styles as opposed to others, but I don't necessarily have a favorite one-man-show. Though I do appreciate Eric Carle. I did an emulation project based on his work. :)

Do you commentate during movies or remain silent?
               Hahaha... fresh on the brain, this one. I talk during movies! Mostly just commentary on things I find funny or ridiculous, but I do. And Talon is such a good sport about it. He mostly pretends not to mind, but especially when we're watching a good boy movie for the first time, he gets a look and occasionally my behavior warrants a finger on the lips. Haha, poor soul.

Name your favorite car.
               My dream car has grown up. It's gotten a lot more practical and a lot more room in it. Ha. These days my dream car looks a lot like a Toyota Venza, with ohhhh, maybe 10-15 more miles per gallon? I think had you asked me this question 10 years ago, I would have said an Audi TT convertible, but somehow that got lost in the growing up part of things.

Sweet or Savory?
 Sweet. No, savory. No, sweet. No... BOTH. my favorite thing is both. I don't think there's anything I love more than a sweet/salty goodie! Ooh. "Goodie" singular looks funny. Better go with plural. Sweet and salty goodie(s) are my favorite.


What is your favorite font?
this one.
 Actually, I don't have a favorite font either. For me it totally depends on the "where it's going to end up". Though I do own much of the pea series fonts :)

What inspires you?
               Ok, honest moment. Other people inspire me! (And I know we're not supposed to compare ourselves to others, but in this respect I'm geared up to argue my point.) That's talking about all sorts of different inspirations, too! For instance, when we were dating I found that my (now) husband inspired me to want to be a so much better me (I don't know if I ever made it, but let's hope a little.. ) (and that's probably how he made it to the altar ;) )! Old people inspire me to live without regret and hesitation. My parents inspire me to create and hold on to an awesome healthy marriage. My son inspires me to be the best mom that I can (I might not be yet, but I'm sure inspired to keep trying). The selfless inspire me to do less for MYself. The Shaffer sisters inspire me to be so much more crafty and to be a better homemaker, mom, and wife (you guys do have a pretty good thing going for you..) For real. People are my inspiration, and I'm so glad there are so many cool ones out there.


What was your first impressions of the Shaffer Sisters?
Hm. Mostly it was like coming home. Though I haven't met/spent time with all of the sisters of Shaffer, there was just some sort of familiarity and ease when it came to knowing you. It helps that Al and I see eye to eye on about 11 out of 10 things, but mostly running into you guys is like running into my own sisters. Or cousins. On the better side of my family. You're just down to earth, practical, and most conveniently of all, you're real. And I'm glad to know you! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Celina, I LOVED reading this! Even though it's been a really fun year getting to know you and I thought I knew a ton about you, I learned a lot in reading this post. You are such a genuine person and we are cut from the same cloth so to speak. I'm glad you left Portugal and came to the US so that we could through random luck end up together. You are amazing and I will miss you. BTW, the genre of clothing was a joke in relation to what Talon asked you on your anniversary that you guessed was probably related to where you were going out to eat. Was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the logo. Celina is very talented. Your blog is great. I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad