Post Top Ad

Glass & Vinyl Family Calendar

Since moving to Chicago it seems like my everyday is not full of a million little things, but one big thing each day. They are almost always family adventures since we only have one car. Sometime it's easy to lose track of the day as I live in the cave of wonders (a basement apartment without any windows) and each day seems to run continuously into the next.


Yesterday I took Samson to work so that I could have the car to research more possibilities to bank at. When I got the kids out of the car and to the doors of the bank it was locked. This was ridiculous considering it was 1pm and all banks are open until 4pm. Then I noticed an important detail. There was a huge sign that said they were not open on Presidents Day.

I had no idea it was Presidents Day. My total seclusion had left me in the dark. I realized then that we needed a family calendar so I ran to the store and got a double glass frame (I forgot to get the dry erase marker). I had some vinyl lying around that I could never seem to find a use for.

Since I forgot the markers, I did the dates and major events with vinyl as well. I will continue doing this in the future because it gives Ty something to look forward to and I like how clean and crisp it looks. I put these on the most outside glass so that they will be easy to clean off and replace. Once I get a marker I will add times and other details.

This week we are having the sister missionaries over for dinner, going to a relief society pie night, and hitting a Black-hawks hockey game.

I love it. What do you think?



I shared this at:
Lil\'Luna

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Al. I love it! Makes up for the wasted pages when you figure you need a calendar in June. Bonus: You'll never have to buy another calendar. Just more vinyl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a thought but you could do 7 calenders with the first day of the month being on each of the days of the week this done in vinyl then write the name of the month in sharpie marker when that calender needs to be used again remove the month by using your dry erase marker over the top of the sharpie and walla it comes off now you only have to have 7 sheets of plexi glass laying around

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I love that you used vinyl on the front and the back. It makes it so personal and soooooooo cute! Nice work. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I'm in the process of making one, yours looks fantastic, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! How are you doing yours? Any improvements that I should consider? I would love to have a link back to your blog when you've finished it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. What a great idea! I love how you did the icons for the events.
    Thanks so much for sharing at Real Family Fun link party.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for having your link party. It's just the right size (sometimes they get so big it's overwhelming. This week (Wednesday) we are going to start doing them. The theme this week will be comfort foods (and recipes of possible). We would love to see you join in if you can

      Delete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad