Thursday, February 28, 2013

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess! Inspiration Contributor


 I am so super excited for today's Inspiration Contributor!  She is simply amazing.  I went over to her site to see what she had made for Project Run & Play.  It is here.  I thought it was the most fun costume for a boy I had ever seen.  And then, poof, her blog sucked me right in.  I was very impressed with all of her creations and so inspired by all the things that she did with her kids.  Next thing I knew, I was back a whole year's worth of posts, and on the phone with my sisters. I had to tell them about the awesome new blog I found!  Anyway, read on, because I know you will be inspired!
With love,
-Jo

                                   
Hi Shaffer Sisters readers! My name is Meghan and I blog over at Once Upon A Notion. I am so excited to be here today to share a post for a fun activity that I did with my two little kiddies last year for Dr. Suess' birthday. I hope you enjoy the craft and try it out with your own kiddies!
Thank you so much to the Shaffer Sisters for having me!

"There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

In honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday, the kids and I celebrated with a couple of cute activities. I found a great idea on Pinterest for making Cat in the Hat hat cookies but I used red cookie icing instead of the red candy melts for the stripes. I then searched around for some Lorax themed crafts. I found this tutorial for making a Lorax mask and changed it up a bit based on the materials I had on hand. After making the cookies and the masks, I read the kids The Lorax and they goofed around with their masks.


For the masks, I used some foam pumpkins I had on hand. Drew eyes to cut out on the orange pumpkins and used the yellow to make the moustache

I cut ovals out of brown felt for the nose and glued a Popsicle stick to the back

"I am the Lorax"

"I speak for the trees"


“Look at me!

Look at me!

Look at me NOW!

It is fun to have fun

But you have to know how.”

― Dr. Seuss, The Cat in the Hat

Cat in the Hat hat cookies

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
                                        

2 comments:

  1. Oh my what a sweet introduction you gave me, thank you so much!! I am so excited that you asked me to contribute!! You ladies are so great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really are excited to have you over! We apologize for your post not showing up right at midnight. Somehow it got moved from scheduled to publish to a draft. But when I noticed, I republished it.
      I love your lorax puppets! They are really cute. What a great way to reuse stuff you already have. Dr. Suess is one of my favorites. I love him so much I used a quote from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish for my design studio. http://shaffer-sisters.blogspot.com/2013/01/crib-re-purpose-design-studio_10.html

      Delete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...