Post Top Ad

Chocolate Mint double layer cake

For this cake I used a Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate box cake.  It made it super easy!

Oil your cake pans
Lightly dust them with Cocoa.
 Next add your eggs, oil, and water to the kitchen aid bowl and blend them really well.  After your liquids are frothy stir the cake mix in for about 50 turns of the paddle.
Add them to 2- 9 inch cake pans
Add the yummy chocolate fudge dollops.
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes
Straight from the oven, I throw them in to the freezer.  This makes them easier to remove from the pan and frost.

That brings us to the frosting.  My first attempt turned out to be a "Steel Magnolias, Armadillo Grey" color.
 So, since I was out of Cream Cheese, I decided to make a butter cream frosting.  I added some mint and green food coloring.  
 My lovely assistant thought it was pretty yummy.  
 Next, pull the first cake out of the freezer, remove it from the pan, and put a ton of frosting on it.  
 Crush some mint Oreo's and put them on top of the frosting.  
 Then top it with the second cake
 Make a yummy fudge drizzle.
 Pour it over the cake, and don't use as much as I did here!  I ended up transferring this to another platter to clean it up a bit.
Grate some mint chocolate
Put it on top of the melted chocolate, but don't put it on while the chocolate is still warm, or it will melt.  

 Cool the chocolate thoroughly and add more grated chocolate.  
This cake is going to be a center piece for a birthday party tonight, and I am super excited to eat it!  


I linked this up at:

3 comments:

  1. Hehe armadillo grey. Best movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet treat and a lovely angel.

    Hopping by from Pink Saturday.

    My PINK
    Your comment is always appreciated.

    I am your newest follower. Feel free to follow back my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That looks so amazing! It could be my repressed Oreo addiction talking. ;-)
    Thanks so much for linking up at Real Family Fun.
    KC

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad