Thursday, April 4, 2013

Blue Skies Smiling at Me Jumper

I had every intention of taking the easy route for this weeks PR&P Chevron Challenge. I was going to make a simple fabric necklace with Riley Blake Tone on Tone Chevron left over from the Waves of Summer Collection. Then two things happened: My machine had tension issues. Those were resolved by my new neighbor! Whoot Whoot! When I got my machine home I quickly realized after going through my sewing stuff that my Riley Blake material must still be in storage 3 hours away.
No biggie right? Just run to the fabric store to get some more?
Nope! Yesterday, was one of those expensive days we have about 300 dollars of repairs before we can get it licensed in Utah.


After a design conference with my sisters I decided on using the Aqua Chevron Twill that I had on hand (it was a someday dress for me). I used some vintage bias tape that I had on hand at the neck, waistband, tie and straps. I draft the top jumper pattern from one of her dresses that I love. I added extra width to it to account for growing room. Used elastic to suck it in on the back waistband and the front and back neckline.
For the skirt I cut 2- 22x15 pieces of fabric. To insure that the chevron would be in the middle I put the V of the Chevron on the fold and cutting out 11 inches and up 15. I did the same for the top.
Using the chevron design as my guide I did a box pleat on the center front and back of the skirt. I did a wide hem that will be able to be let out as she grows.

The twill was perfect for playing at the park, it was heavy enough to stay down as the wind blew. It was pretty but so functional.
It was a quick project and I loved how it looked with her white coat I got from Children's Place last year and have waited patiently to use. I have realized that few outfits are strong enough to hold their own with this strong statement piece but I think it has finally met it's match with this chevron jumper.
I look forward to several more days filled with blue skies and sandy feet with these two and sure that Boston will get plenty of wear out of this number.
Before you get off of this post you should check out the other Chevron numbers that we have on our blog.
Insignia Go Go Toddler Dress
Chevron Pleated Dress
Pleated Shindig Chevron Dress
Waves of Summer Reversible Tunic
 photo blogbutton_zpsb1fa0f6d.jpg

21 comments:

  1. It is so cute. I love it. Boston is getting to be so big and it looks like she's having a lot of fun and about to enter that oh so cute but still big trouble phase. She is growing up fast and her hair is so long for a 15 month old! Isn't it amazing what 2 months can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It's just so cheerful looking and with those shoes...very cute indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up this post to The Best Blog Recipe’s Weekend re-Treat #11!

    Pinned this one too while I was here tonight :)

    Shauna
    http://thebestblogrecipes.blogspot.com/
    http://ready2loseweight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright colors! The dress and your little girl are adorable! If you get a chance I'd love if you linked up your Pretty Creation at All Things Pretty http://sparklesandastove.com/all-things-pretty-thursday-2/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love the blue and yellow! And that coat is cute too! You guys always find cute chevrons, where do you get them? I had the hardest time finding my fabric for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! And I love it with the white jacket and the polka dot shoes!!!!
    liZ
    (ps---glad your neighbor got your machine fixed!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable jumper, and an even more adorable little model! LOVE! I found you at It's Overflowing-- thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo stinking adorable! Wish I had been a sewing girl when my lovie was still a little, little!
    Great Job!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking this gorgeous dress at All Things Pretty! Have pinned it to our party board.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That chevron box pleat is PERFECT! I love that detail. It's so smart too. Now I wish I had thought of it haha. The dress turned out great and the yellow contrast makes it pop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness I love this adorable dress you made! You did such a great job! My friend Heather & I started a link party & I would love for you to come link up > http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2013/04/circle-of-faith-link-party-1.html Hope to see you there and hope your having a wonderful day! :),

    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you shared!!! Love this little dress too!
    http://dimplesandpigtales.blogspot.com/2013/04/give-me-goods-party-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This has got to be one of the cutest little dresses I have seen....I love it!! Great pattern and colors :)
    Cathy @ Lemon Tree Dwelling

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness that is so stink' cute! I would love for you to share this on my weekly link party Blog Stalking Thursday. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the chevron print and the dress patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for linking to Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill. You are being featured this evening!
    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, and join me tomorrow evening for Make the Scene Monday #69!
    P.S. Pop back on Monday for a big surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This dress is so dang cute! And so is your daughter! :) We'll be featuring this tomorrow at Someday Crafts, so if you have a minute, we'd love it if you stopped by to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this dress! Absolutely adorable! And the shoes are a cute pairing :)

    Heidi

    http://handmadefrenzy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the aqua and yellow combination! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely precious! The aqua and yellow look great together! Thanks for sharing at Give Me the Goods Monday! Hope you party with us again this week!

    http://www.marriedfiling-jointly.com/2013/04/give-me-goods-week-4.html

    ~Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...