Post Top Ad

Newsboy Cap (KCW Monday)


This week will will be joining all the other mom's (and potentially grandmas, dads, grandpas) that are sewing for Kids Clothing Week. This is our first go at it, but we are really excited to join the fun. This week we will mostly be giving a quick preview of our accomplishments with the tutorial to follow later (so that we can put more time into sewing than blogging).


Today I made Heber a newsboy cap. I have been dying to make him one pretty much since the moment he was born, but I couldn't find just the right pattern or look. Last week Scary hopped by to visit JoAnn's Daffodil Dash sale. They happened to have McCall patterns on sale. The very first page of the childrens clothing had the newsboy cap I had been searching for the last year. She almost missed it, but luckily for me she didn't and she told me about it. Yay, I was really excited! So excited that I went to 2 different JoAnn's to get it (it was sold out of the first one) all in the middle of flash flooding. This was the final perfect touch to complete his Common Axis look!


I had to make some adjustments to the pattern, so I will let you know how to do it just right sometime in the near future, but the pattern was fairly awesome. It was a McCall pattern number M6575. I hope you're getting excited for what Scary and Jo have cooking in KCW projects. Prepare to be amazed.

11 comments:

  1. This is so darling! I love that shirt and the hat just tops it all off. I have the Sew Liberated newsboy hat pattern and just haven't gotten around to sewing it yet. Boys are just too darn cute in hats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is perfect with the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! That is the perfect topper for the outfit, and I love hats on little kids... actually on adults too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutly adorable! My baby boy has soo many hats, just like mommy but you can never have too many hats. Can't wait for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too adorable! I am always trying to get my little one to wear cute hats like this... although now if it does not have Spiderman on it, he's not wearing it. I wonder if I can find some spidey material! =)

    Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my my my goodness. He is the cutest...so is the cap. My brother and his son and his GRANDson all have worn caps like this but not as nice as the one you made. Wow!

    Hey, would you please stop by my blog hop today and add this link? My readers will love it.
    Blessings,
    Sinea
    Ducks ‘n a Row

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwwww! It looks really great, the blue is a gorgeous shade and he looks like such a handsome little man. Lovely job!

    Mae

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable! A good newsboy hat pattern is hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing this one too at Give Me The Goods Monday! Can't wait to see what you bring tomorrow ;)
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the newsboy cap. Great way to complete the whole look. Glad you found the pattern you had been searching for!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad