Post Top Ad

We are inspired by you Boston

When I read about the marathon in Boston yesterday, I was so saddened by what had happened.  I told my boys about it.  They asked me how some one could do that to someone else.  I don't even know myself. I couldn't answer there questions.
 All images of the tragedy are from CNN News website
An injured man is loaded into an ambulance on Monday, April 15, after two bombs went off near the finish line of the fabled Boston Marathon. <a href='http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/boston-marathon-explosions/index.html'>Read our developing news story</a> and follow up-to-the-minute reports <a href='http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/16/explosions-near-finish-of-boston-marathon/'>on CNN.com's This Just In blog</a>.
As I was reading about the tragedy and feeling so sad and disheartened, I came across a quote from Mr. Rogers.  It reads, "When I was a boy and I would see scary things on the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers, You will always find people who are helping."
A second explosion goes off near the finish line.
I was so grateful that I came across this quote.  You can't explain away the bad things that happen, but you can deal with it by looking for good.
A bystander who was injured in the first explosion is wheeled across the finish line while receiving medical attention from rescue workers.
 Don't ask why God lets bad things happen.   Look for the good things that God's children do, when bad things do happen.  We always have agency.  Agency for good or agency for evil.
Former New England Patriots <a href='http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1606043-former-new-england-patriot-joe-andruzzi-assists-survivors-at-boston-marathon' target='_blank'>offensive lineman Joe Andruzzi</a> carries a woman from the scene.
After my husband heard me talking with the kids about this quote he said, "Will you be the person running away from evil, or the person running in to save others from evil."
An injured person is taken away from the scene in a wheelchair.
As we all mourn together today, we hope this quote and free printable will encourage and inspire you.

With love,
-The Shaffer Sisters.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining the “OH WHAT A HAPPY DAY” link party today!

    I am your newest follower!
    http://chixnuggetsandcookiebutts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, and very good post. Thank you for sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a devotion today using this same quote by Mr. Rogers!
    It's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing and for the quote. It is a great reminder that there are more good people in the world than bad ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw this is beautiful and so true! Praise God for the helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this. We in Massachusetts are strong, but this has certainly changed our lives forever, and the helpers are our greatest inspiration.
    Judith Ann
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad