Post Top Ad

Bacon Chicken and Ranch Paninis; Oh My Summer Foods!

Remember when you used to have extra money floating around, and you could go to a fast food restaurant on a whim and buy some thing savory for $5?  Well, my friends, that used to be me!  But now, I have to get creative!  $5 is 1/20th of my weekly food budget and I can't just go splurging that on myself, or my family will be stuck eating beans and rice all week.  So yesterday I made panini's- hazzah!  Oh yeah baby, they were that delicious!

So this is what you do.  When your on your way out of the house to pick up the kindergartners throw a bag of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts in the old stand by-yep I am talkin' about the crock-pot 
Now find your shoes and go get the kids.
When you get back, empty 1 package of your favorite dry ranch dressing mix on top of the simmering frozen chicken.
Cut up 12 oz of bacon, with your new second favorite set of sewing scissors. I heard bacon fat is good for hinges. Fry that bacon up, and toss it grease and all into the crock-pot.  Did I mention this isn't really that healthy?  If your looking for healthy go here, otherwise stick around!

Now wait and wait some more!  Are you getting an idea why the crock-pot is a standby?  I read a book, changed some diapers, threw a stick to the dog, read some cardboard books to Rogue, took the x-box controller from Ironman about 10 times, made an amazing salad (tutorial to come) and talked with my sisters and mom on the phone.   So yah, that's about 4.5 hours of waiting.
At 4 o'clock I put the cooked chicken breasts and the bacon in to the kitchen aid bowl.  Using my paddle, I stirred the meat until it was shredded.  Then I took about half of the juices left in the crockpot, and stirred the juice back in to the meat mixture.
We ate the mixture on top of Panini bread, with iceberg lettuce, provolone cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, and ranch dressing.  OOOH these summer sandwiches were so yummy!
My sister in law ate hers wrapped in a lettuce leaf and that looked pretty good too.
 
Now I realize there are a ghastly amount of exclamation points in this post, but I am telling you, IT IS THAT GOOD!!!


Enjoy, and thank me later ;)

With Love,
~Jo

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I had to read further because I liked every. single. ingredient. in. your. title. Must end this comment with one word: YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this looks so yummy. If only I had remembered to buy bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my kind of dinner!! Will definitely be trying this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad