Post Top Ad

Vulnerable and Weak: Messy Day

While at HOBY we had an opportunity to hear from Bryan Yager, a man who travels the world talking about leadership. He talked about how a leader is someone that is willing to show their vulnerabilities and weaknesses. This is a delicate balance with a blog, because blogging is really about having the magazine quality life. But then I remembered our mission statement and we are trying to build a blog where you can feel encouraged, inspired, uplifted that can take you to a place of creation. 
Sometimes I am confused and think that I can do it all. Then I go crazy (like smoke out my ears, roadrunner legs and complete confusion). Then I talk to one of my sweet sisters and they try to calm me down. Then I begin to think rationally and eat the elephant of a crazy day one bite at a time.

Today was one of those days, where the realization that I can't do it all came to head.

Last week I spent 2 days in the car driving home. After finally getting home, the next morning I woke up sick. I was SO sick in bed with a sinus infection. My kids, husband and I went in survival mode. Which means that the boxes that needed to be unpacked are still not unpacked. The sewing projects I have planned are still in the planning stages.
 This morning the kids got a special treat, once a year chocolate cake. Boston enjoyed it but she got it all over her face and her hair. It required her to take a bath, then Ryder needed something out of their bedroom so stepped across the hall and then I heard a terrified cry from the bathtub. I rushed to the scene and after a quick survey of the tub, I realized we had a problem. Poop. I swooped her out of the tub. Scrubbed the toys and the tub. Then put her back in to get clean.
All the while this was happening Ryder was practicing X-games tricks with the firetruck walker off his bed. After the vehicle was impounded to our bedroom. It was time for our blog planning meeting, which didn't last more than 5 minutes because the combined noises coming from the kids on our 3 lines was too much.
Jo did gave me a few pieces of advice before we ended our call. Just clean one of the rooms so you have a space to relax. Take the kids to McDonalds to burn off energy. I followed the spirit of her advice and I built a fort from the couch cushions with Ryder. And we may have had a little dance party in the kitchen.

I am working on finishing cleaning the kitchen (figured it was a good first space) and then I will move on to the dining room.
With Love,
Scary

I am hoping by the end of the week I will be sewing and able to play along with the sewing fun, if you aren't having a crazy week/day you should check it out.

Romper Week
Flip This Pattern
PS. Peak A Boo Pattern Shop has all their Rompers on Sale, Click here to visit Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop.

Their Anchors Aweigh Sailor Romper: 3 mos. - 4t couldn't be any cuter! Or the Sea Breeze Romper would be perfect for 4th of July Sewing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, Scary!! Breathe...just breathe.... Sorry it's been so hectic for you recently. Hoping your will see the daylight soon.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad