Post Top Ad

Not so fun summer activity: the nap-time straight jacket

Last week I went to my parents home for the annual pioneer celebration that our town puts on.  We were there for the parade, a barbecue, and a rodeo.  On Monday I had my uncle look in to some problems on our car.  There were a couple issues that needed parts, and it couldn't be finished until Thursday.  So, the kids and I made our selves at home at Grandma and Grandpa's house.   We had a great time playing in the water, sewing, and eating all of the yummy food.  However my little Rogue learned a new trick that was not so great.  It is called the laydownforanapandtakeyourdiaperoffandsmearyourfecalmatteronthewalls trick!
It is a foul smelling dirty trick!  So after cleaning the walls and carpet for the 4th or 5th time I was determined to make something our little sweety couldn't escape from.  Grandma had the perfect fabric for the job-an old remnant from Walmart. 

I wanted the head space to be big enough that she could get it on, but when it was buttoned, small enough that she couldn't slide out.
I didn't want any clasps or buttons in the crotch, as it needed the least amount of escape routes as possible.

I finished it off with a home made bias tape, making the entire project simple and easy!
The buttons are really big, so that if they happen to come off, she won't be able to choke on them.
So, now that you have all the details, here is a nap time straight jacket that I know baby Houdini would have a hard time escaping from!

with love,
-Jo

9 comments:

  1. I am sorry, but this made me laugh so hard. My girl hasn't tried getting out of her diaper yet, but I keep her in a sleep sack so she can't get out of her crib. Haha. The things we do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I could make you laugh. I might have to look in to a sleep sack for the next baby.
      Thanks for the comment, and make sure to link up some of your cute sewing at our linky party!
      with love,
      Jo

      Delete
  2. Oh, that is NOT a fun thing to deal with... but I like your ingenuity in sewing a 'straight jacket' =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charity!
      Mom said if I tried cloth diapering with diaper pins I probably wouldn't have a problem. Since she was also always coming in naked from outside, I think I should probably just sew a few more Houdini suits- don't you?
      with love,
      Jo

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh!! Exactly what I need for my twin boys who are also performing the same nap routine/
    Morning wake up way too often! Disgusting!! And I have tried SO many types
    Of suits Sleeping bags and Nappies! Need to make some houdini suits!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karla,
      I love it! and since its nice and cool, I don't mind her sleeping in it and wearing it all summer around the yard. Since I have made it, she has worn it more often than not. Amazing what a little cotton can do :)
      thanks for your comment!
      with love,
      -JO

      Delete
  4. Too funny! My daughter did the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny, until your on your hands and knees cleaning it up...but, I guess you know that! :) thanks for stopping by.
      with love,
      -Jo

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad