Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Vera Luna :Make your own prints using Discharge paste:Quick Tip Tuesday and Link-up party

As fellow fabric designers, this tip from our last linky-party really caught our eye.  She won the feature for this week.  We hope you will add tons of great tips to the link-up party and maybe we will choose you next week.  This post is smart, informative, and oh so fun!  We asked Vera Luna to come over today and share it with our readers.  So, with out further ado, here is how to make your own prints using discharge paste.

Hi Shaffer Sister readers. I'm Saskia from the Netherlands and I blog over at <"http://www.vera-luna.blogspot.nl">Vera Luna
. I created these pineapple fabrics with discharge paste. This is fabulous (and very smelly) stuff. It works like bleach, but since it's much thicker, it's very suitable for freezer paper stenciling. 



I used it before for one of my favorite projects, this triangle sweater.

For my current project, I cut out several pineapples, all slightly different and with different kinds of leaves. I ironed the freezer paper to the fabric and applied the discharge paste. 


When the paste was dry, some bleaching already had occurred. Then I steam ironed it, which activated the bleach even more. The effect is always a surprise; the degree of bleaching and the resulting color depends on the fabric. I've learned that jeans and red fabric don't work as well. But on this brown cotton, the pineapples came out clear and sharp.



I also printed some orange fabric. Curious what I made with my fabric?
Here's a sneak peek.... You can find the results here and here.


Hello!  
Welcome to the Organize Me!!  Sizzlin' Summer Link Party!!!
Link up from now until the end of July!!

Get Your Crap Together



We have several great co-hosts for this link party!!





RULES:

1- Link up any and all of your GREAT Organizing Ideas.
2 - Check out what others have done.  Leave some comments and make some friends.
3 - We'd love for you to follow all of us on BlogLovin'!!  But you don't have to.
4 - Grab our button and let's get this Party Started!!!






1 comment:

  1. I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/. I would be honored if you join us! Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...