Post Top Ad

A week of buttons: Simple Simon & Co.: Quick tip Tuesday link-up party

A long time ago- about 8 months to be exact, my sister Scary told me about a blog that the crew of Project Run and Play maintains.  A little blog called uh, Simple Simon and Company.  OK, OK, I know they aren't little and I was in the dark ages.  However, one of the first posts I ever read was this button holeing tutorial.  its brilliant!  :) liZ and Elizabeth were sweet enough to share it with us for Quick Tip Tuesday.  Don't forget to link your tips below.
So the other day I was cleaning off my sewing table and ran across the instruction book that came with my sewing machine...and since I was tired...and not really into my work...I started thumbing through it and I ran across this little beauty of an idea that has changed my entire life.
Ok...so it hasn't changed my entire life but it's a really terrific (yes terrific) idea and I've already used it like a million times.  It's simple, easy, and genius---here's what it is:  Pin the button hole.
Yep, that's it.  Pin the button hole.
How many times have I been ripping open the button hole and have zipped right through the end and had to go back and stitch up that dang button hole?  Too many times!!!!
But not now.  Now I just slide a pin across the end of the button hole and rip away and the pin stops me from going too far.  Like I said:  simple, easy, genius.  I wish I had thought of it...
I actually wish I would have thought of a lot of things...the microwave, refrigeration, triple bypass heart surgery, nachos...but no, I didn't.  Not me.    Oh well, I guess I'll just have to bask in the genius of others.  So until I think of something terrific myself (or Wednesday comes) I'm signing off and heading down to the gas station for a soda---something else I didn't invent.  Talk to you then.
-liZ

3 comments:

  1. I don't know where I learned it, but I always use a pin. Even still I'm always scared I'll rip past it though haha. I love hearing other people's tricks and tips. Even if it's something you do as well, it's nice to be reminded you're doing something "innovative" once in a while. And I always learn at least one new trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I can't find my ripper (any of the two I own), I ususally fold my button hole to cut it with my scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the pin trick...somewhere. I agree- life changing! Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad