Monday, August 12, 2013

Fat Quarter Drawstring Skirt: Made for $1

When we lived in Rexburg, Al and I used to go into Porters (mom and pop craft store) and window shop on one occasion they some select fat quarters on sale for $1. Al picked out this bird fabric for the fun bright colors, but was willing to surrender it to me to make something for Boston (one of Boston's nicknames from me is, little bird).
So the fabric came home with me and sat in my fat quarter drawer of my sewing desk for a year. It wasn't until I sewed up Heidi with Elegance & Elephants Spin Skirt the little bird fat quarter had a calling. I the waistband is Riley Blake Tone on Tone Yellow Chevron that I had as scraps from the Waves of Summer tunic
I followed the same steps as in the Simple Fat Quarter Skirt, but used Heidi's instructions for doing the waistband.  This skirt might have been one of the easiest projects of my summer and I love all the bright colors in the skirt so no matter what laundry has been washed Boston is sure to have a shirt that matches.
The waistband is going to keep it fitting longer and more comfortably than the original Simple Fat Quarter Skirt.  
The length of the skirt is perfect for keeping up with an active older brother. And the width of the fabric made it fun for Boston to twirl.
What is the best price tag you have ever had on a handcrafted creation?
With Love,
Scary
PS. Come back tomorrow to get the low down on blanket that Boston is packing around in all these pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute skirt, I love that birdie fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bird fabric is adorable! I love all the colors; it's so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bird fabric is something, and she looks adorable with the skirt.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...