Monday, September 9, 2013

Bread Bowls and Chicken Potato Chowder - We Declare Fall Soup Season Open

I promised on Instagram and to my sisters that I would be posting this recipe and then I got in the middle of a sewing project (which that I am dying to show you). Then totally spaced posting the bread bowl. 
I was born in the summer but I feel like Fall is the season I feel most alive. I love the temperatures, the sunlight, the crisp air and the food. It has been raining here for the last couple of days and the temperatures have gotten below 70. This gave me the perfect excuse to open fall soup season.
I love bread bowls because you can never go wrong with them, serve them rustic style.
Or brush with butter before serving either way they are, yummy.
And compliment any homemade soup perfectly.

Recipe is Italian Bread Bowls from Mel's Kitchen. I have made this recipe dozens of times and it has always worked out perfectly. Her instructions are so clear and make the process really easy. Favorite Soup Recipes:
Creamy Corn Chowder
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (recipe coming soon)
Baked Potato Soup
Hamburger Soup (recipe coming soon)
Old Time Beef Stew
Chicken Chowder (recipe coming soon)
And if that isn't enough here is a great list of soups from Our Best Bites. 

What season is your favorite season? And what food or activity marks the beginning of that season?

1 comment:

  1. I love fall, too! These look so yummy!! Do you ever use them as actual bowls?

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...