Sunday, September 22, 2013

Circle Hi-Lo skirt on a Plaid Dress

This is over at Winter Wonderings Wanderings and Whatnot, for Suzanne's Operation Project $0.  Go show Suzanne some love and look around for some $0 sewing.

I wanted this to be really comfortable, for anything from apple picking, to snuggling in for a good book on the couch.
I maintained the natural theme with the tan bias tape and wooden buttons.
I wanted it to have a really girly "lumber jack" feel to it.


She looks pretty cute running away with her sailor boy :)
This is Scary's little guy, and she made this outfit for him, for our Grandpas funeral.  Isn't it terrific?

The skirt had to be a full circle for swinging and dancing, and with all of that fabric, it had to be a hi-lo, so she wouldn't trip.


I can't get over how cute these pictures are.  Scary took them for me, after our Grandpa's funeral.  It is so nice to have them as a keepsake.   I love sisters!
thanks for stopping by,
with love,
-Jo

15 comments:

  1. Cutest 'girly' lumberjack I've seen to date. The photos are priceless.....and the dress is pretty dog-gone cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! - love the neckline of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I too love the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I love plaid and circle skirts together. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely, this dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta! I really appreciate your comments. Comments are what keep us going.
      with love,
      -Jo
      P.S. Did you know you were a no-reply blogger? This makes it tricky for people to reply to comments. If you're interested in changing there is a tutorial here: http://www.amomspointofview.com/2013/07/are-you-no-reply-comment-blogger.html and a ton more others if you just Google search no reply blogger.

      Delete
  6. So cute! I love the bias tape hem and the neckline. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah that is lovely! My daughter loves circular skirts - and the tartan (as I call it, given my Scottish roots!) is so beautiful and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the plaid fabric you chose& the neckline is so simplistic but stunning. Really great job Jo!

    Mae

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this print and the wood buttons are adorable! Such a perfect fall/winter dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously, what a wonderful dress you got here. I love everything about it, but that neckline? I'm melting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is so sweet! I think you made a great call going with the tan bias trim. It adds so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress looks darling and comfortable and PERFECT for this time of year. Love it! -liZ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love twirly skirts! So cute.
    Blessings,
    Sinea
    Ducks ‘n a Row

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...