Post Top Ad

Modern Homemade {Family Photo Stitched w/ Love}

We are back in the saddle with the Family Photo Stitched with Love. Today we have the very talented April from Modern Homemade. She sews for herself and her sweet little kiddos and she is a private chef.

Her yummy looking Roasted Chicken recipe
I am sure if April lived closer to Utah we would have already gotten together swapped some recipes and spent some time shopping from fabric. Everything that she puts on her blog is beautiful and her fabric combos are beautiful. And beyond that she is so nice. We are so lucky to have such a talented designer, within minutes of her putting the preview up on her Instagram she had dozens of comments.
April's introduction to her Cashmere, Cardigans, Elbow Patches: These are a few of my favorite things
I knew that I wanted layers for both kids. I was looking through all my fabric and found a vintage sheet. Floral with gray, orange and brown. Perfect. I found a lot of coordinating fabric and then it took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to make for each person. I kept adding to the outfits and started running out of time to sew. I really wanted to make a shirt for my husband but I needed to make a muslin and ran out of time. But I will make him something. Very soon!
Head over to the Modern Homemade to see more of her adorable family pictures. Here is the schedule for the series, come back to some more great work:
October 8: Bethany from I Married Superman
October 9: Jo from Shaffer Sisters (edit: this one is actually going to be at the series)
October 10: April from Modern Homemade
October 11: Al from Shaffer Sisters
October 14: RaeAnna from Sewing Mama RaeAnna
October 15: Jenn from A Jennuine Life
October 16: Heather from Feathers Flight
October 17: Olga from Kid Approved
October 18: Rebecca from Rock the Stitch
October 21: Scary from Shaffer Sisters
October 22: Highlights from the Flickr Group

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having me! And we can still swap recipes and if you come to LA, we will most definitely shop for fabric. I get most of my fabric from Michael Levine Loft, SAS Fabrics and Estate Sales!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad