Post Top Ad

Its hard to give a baby a super hero name Marvelous birth series

Baby number 6 arrived.  A boy!  Let me fill you in on the details.
At about 8 pm I decided I was going to start timing contractions.   They were coming fairly regular at 5 minute intervals.  So, I called the midwife, and let her know.  I told her to go to her office, and I would call her when I had 3 consecutive contractions at 3 minutes apart.  Captain America proved to be a much more detail oriented contraction timer than me.  He followed me around while I did the dishes, showered, folded laundry and straightened the house.  I would say, "Contraction", and then when it was over I would tell him.  He had all of the seconds figured out.  
I was on my last load of putting the laundry in the dryer, when I realized, this was it!  Transition.  I didn't care what his paper said, I was in real labor!
I called the midwives at midnight, and let them know that I was intervaling at 3 minutes.  They came to my house at about 12:30.  
This is the first home birth for me, and it was wonderful!  Every time I had a contraction, I just kneeled over my recliner, and breathed into a blanket.  I was in a zone.  Some unreachable place, where I ignored everyone, and their questions made no sense to me.  
At one point there were four people sitting in the living room laughing, so I got up and walked to the bedroom.  I looked at the clock and it said 1:43.  I kneeled down at the foot of my bed, and realized I was pushing!  So, I asked Captain America to let them know.  The relaxation between contractions was amazing and complete.  I was so greatful for those intervals.  At 1:51 our new little man came in to the world.  I delivered him standing up!  It was really a neat feeling to do the whole thing undirected, and just listen to my body. 
Of course I was crying and the midwives were so sweet.  After we got all cleaned up, I laid in bed and nursed him.  Captain America laid next to me, and neither of us moved from that spot until about 10 the next morning.  They checked everything, and left us at about 3:30 am.  
Little man was 7lbs. 11 oz.  He was 20.5 inches long.  
Now he is a healthy 8 lbs. 8 oz and growing!  We are totally in love.  Thanks for putting up with all of my MARVELous birth stories!
With love,
-Jo







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad