Thursday, January 16, 2014

Preview for Chickadee Blouse & Skirt Flip this Pattern


Hey guys, it's Al. Today I have the honor of getting to be over at the blog of Frances Suzanne. Ashley and Emily (their real names) are seriously some of our favorite ladies to communicate with. We discovered them while participating in Project Run and Play over the last couple of years. And they're competing in it now,  go over and vote for them the next few weeks. Their clean and beautiful way of taking skills that are a lost art and blending it with a modern touch has always caught our attention. The best part is? They are sisters as well and are always keeping us on our toes as to what we see from them next. If you haven't been over to their blog you should dash over there now and check them out.

Grab button for Flip this Pattern

They've been doing an incredible series called Flip this Pattern. It's a design competition where each month there is a new pattern and a different set of designers. The idea is to take the pattern and flip it into something new and fresh.


It has been my joy to get to flip the Clever Charlotte Chickadee Blouse & Skirt Pattern. It is an amazing pattern and I love the fit of it. The directions were incredible and I loved that it was a real pattern (with high quality pattern paper) so I didn't have to print a ton of pages and spend an hour trying to put it all together.

Janice, from So-Cal Sewing Mom
Heidi, from greendoodle




Check out the amazing flip of the other designers this month:

5 comments:

  1. This flip is absolutely STUNNING!! I too grew up in a small town in upstate NY and understand it takes what seems like eons to a child for trends to catch up! I was made fun of a lot as a child too, I totally get it :-)
    Back to the flip-ahhhhhmazing! The color palette, the mix of prints SO beautiful & the shape is just gorgeous on a little girl. You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually a bold or colorful person...but I really love this flip! Beautifully done! =) I think my favorite part is the coordinating belt, welted flap pockets, and cuff bands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing such a brilliant Flip of the Chickadee; I've made the skirt at least 10 times in the last few months but haven't tried the jacket. Aussie children are often rather chary of coats, and I've been wanting to make the pattern into a dress. I love the ruffle; it balances the collar so beautifully; would you be willing to share how you altered the pattern? Even if not, thank you again for delightful pictures, and imaginative sewing.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flip is wonderful! I love the fabrics you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Flip…it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...