Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Snowflake Lace Up Top with Tutu

Project Run and Play is back in session!  And we are so excited.  We all have a little something to add to the mix this time.  Scary and I are doing Winter Wonderland, Al and Scary are doing "Lets go to the movies", we will probably all through in a re purposing look, as we refashion for Magda E..  And I know Scary won't be able to resist throwing in a signature style, because my friends, she has staying power!
I have to say that this is the hardest project run and play to date, that we have had to vote for.  We love all of the designers, and because we have sewed along with them, we count them as friends.  We know that the looks will be amazing all 4 weeks, and we can't wait to see what everyone's inspiration brings.  
Scary and I were talking on the phone one day, and I told her, I thought that we should lobby Project Runway, and get them to put the "project run and play" winning designers on for their kids week challenges as guest assistants.  Wouldn't that be fun!  Oh dreams. :)
I know I have told you all about my fabric stash that Scary and Momma Shaffer gave me last summer.  Well, there was a teeny scrap of cobalt blue fabric in there, with blue glitter about a 1/4 of a yard.  I had no idea what to do with it.  But, then the themes came out, and I knew this would be the perfect thing for a winter inspired outfit.  Do you ever have pieces of fabric in your stash like that?
The other piece came from ten years ago, when I bought 3 yards of white flannel with blue snow flakes on it.  I had every intention of making Christmas PJ's, but my sewing machine at the time was not up for the challenge.
The other piece came from ten years ago, when I bought 3 yards of white flannel with blue snow flakes on it.  I had every intention of making Christmas PJ's, but my sewing machine at the time was not up for the challenge.
So, on to the details.
The skirt is lined with a bubble skirt made from the flannel. There are 3 layers of tulle. The top layer has a bias tape hem from the flannel, to tie it all together. I used matching satin ribbon to use as a bias tape for the waist band and complete the bow in the back. The top is a high low. The sleeves and bottom hemline have a deep blue bias, to create congruency. I love that this blouse can be worn with jeans or the skirt.
Thanks for the inspiration once again PRP! We love you!

8 comments:

  1. Cute outfit and so perfect for a "Winter Wonderland" challenge.
    Deborah
    sewmuchtogive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snowflake flannel worked out great! I love that this adorable outfit was made from your stash. I'm really trying hard to sew down my stash this year so I'm inspired. I also love the little signature picture at the end of the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Beautifully done!!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a darling outfit! I love the skirt, and the snowflake fabric looks perfectly cozy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours and all the little details with lacing and the tulle skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable outfit! I love how you did up the back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG... such an adorable outfit. I love the blue! And she seems like having fun.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...