Post Top Ad

The BRAVE Journey: Starting Out & Weighing In

Today, we (Jo & Scary) are putting on our brave faces; we are sharing our weights and measurements with you. We decided that it is honesty time with our weight, our exercise routines, and our health in general.  We have chosen to no longer live in a health fog.  We also decided that we will not subscribe to any embarrassment about our weight or numbers.  We are beautiful women.  We love ourselves and our husbands love us.  We both weighed more than our husbands before marriage.  Our success, beauty, personality, and happiness are not contingent on numbers and they never have been.

When my husband and I (Jo) were first married, we lived in a spending fog.  We would have a relative idea how much money was in the account, and a relative idea of how much we could spend.  After a few mistakes, we decided to take the bull by the horns and figure out exactly how much money we had and exactly how much we could spend.  Rather than going to the grocery store and worrying about whether or not the card would work, I knew before hand.  It was a financial wake up call.  Living with financial blue skies, rather than a financial fog is a very good thing!  So, today we are going to apply the same principals to weight and weight loss.

Jo
Height: 5'11"
Bust 48.5"
Waist 37.5"
Hips 54"
Arm 20" inches
Thigh 32.5"
Calf 18.5"
Weight 280 lbs.

Scary
Height: 5'11 1/2"
Bust 43"
Waist 40"
Hips 50"
Arm 14.5"
Thigh 29"
Calf 17"
Weight 242 lbs. 

We believe our Heavenly Father made us, and we owe all that we have to him.  This weight loss and health improvement journey is to honor him and this amazing creation called life that he has given us stewardship over.

8 comments:

  1. go for it! You can do anything you set your mind to. I know that my hubby set his mind to loosing some weight, back in January. He got serious using a free app, my fitness pal, and now he is down 40 pounds by being honest with himself about how much he ate and how much he exercised. Small and simple changes can make a big difference! Good luck, you guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! I also need to get my head out of the sand when it comes to my health and weight. I applaud you for boldly announcing this to help yourselves and inspire others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies are amazing and inspiring! I'm looking forward to seeing your journey, and will be working alongside to get healthier myself. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize you both were so tall! It is true that we all come in different shapes and sizes. If we ever meet IRL, I am only 5'4". :)
    The healthy part is what I am most excited for you about. That is awesome. You go, Ladies! Woohooo!
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post hits home! You guys are so awesome to post this and take measurements of yourself. It will be so fun for you when you start seeing numbers move and energy changing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for being "real", I struggle with weight and facing that tape measure and scale is not an easy thing let alone to do it in the public eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girls! My problem has always been the inverse... It's hard for me to put some weight in. Having a good weight is good, not only for your image but your health.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Highly inspirational. I might take you up on this challenge (I know you didn't really challenge us readers) and do the same! You are brave ladies. I look forward to following your successful path towards improved health.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Post Top Ad