Friday, January 16, 2015

Bottoms Up Pants {Pattern Review & Discount}

Hello, all we are finally breaking our virtual silence, the hustle and bustle of the holidays sucked us up and we got out of habit of being here. But don't worry we have some great things coming up in the next month and half. Happy 2015, hope you had a great Christmas!

We are starting the new year by reviewing awesome new pattern, "Bottoms up Pants" by If Only Designs (Pattern is available 25% off through 1/18/2015 no coupon needed). With a new addition growing in my belly I couldn't help but jump at the chance to try out this pattern. The pattern is designed to fit Cloth Diapers which is awesome because I am thinking I might give cloth diapering a go this time around. 
This pattern has a great size range for a baby/toddler pattern going from newborn to size 6T, which I can see as a real asset if your kids are as fast at growing as mine have been. It is designed to have a flat front with light/medium weight woven fabrics and can be used with a full waistband on sturdy knits such as sweatshirt fleece or interlock.
For my version of this pattern I had only a little bit of this fabric leftover from a dress I had made from Boston. I didn't want to have to worry about matching prints on the side seam so I overlapped the front and back pattern pieces and did a full elastic band. Then held my breath that I had enough as I tried to keep the chevrons level across both legs. I was exactly perfect but pretty good for off grain fabric scraps.

I was surprised that the pattern only uses a 1/4" inseam because most woven patterns that I have sewn have at least a 3/8" inseam if not a 1/2". I honestly was a little worried about such a narrow inseam but it ended up working to my advantage because I barely squeaked by with what I had on hand of the fabric. It ended up not being hard at all, I didn't find it difficult to finish the edge with a simple zig zag but it would be just as easy to serge right at the edge not cutting anything off. With the way the pattern is designed there is ample room in the seat that I am not worried about the back seam being stressed and tearing.
Silly Sally even decided to put them to the test by rolling all over the Living Room floor.

I think we better ask Sally what she thinks of her new pants?
I guess she likes them!
We are the last stop on the tour and if your on the fence about this pants pattern just look over all the other awesome pants that have been made on this tour with this pattern.  
Jan 5th --> Sarah at The Crazy Tailor 
Jan 6th --> Melissa at Sew Like My Mom 
Jan 7th --> Ari at Max California 
Jan 8th --> Marissa at RaeGun Ramblings 
Jan 9th --> Emily at Naptime Creations 
Jan 12th --> Courtney at Simple City Life 
Jan 13th --> Sabra at Sew a Straight Line 
Jan 14th --> RaeAnna at Sewing Mama Raeanna 
Jan 15th --> Kacia at Coconut Robot 
Jan 16th --> Scary at Shaffer Sisters

 

2 comments:

  1. Sally is such a sweetie! Those cloth-diapered bums can be hard to cover... this looks useful! I cloth diapered for quite a while, and no diaper cover or tights or leggings could completely that round bum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally is so cute and all grown up. My boy is so lazy, he doesn't roll or sit yet. lol... those pants are too cute too.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...