Friday, February 5, 2016

Sew Yourself Some {Cozy} Love

Life has kept me engaged in my family, but there hasn't been very many opportunities to dust off the sewing machine and make something satifying. When I heard about the Sew Yourself Some Love Series I knew I had to join. There are so many talented designers participating in this series, but the two big patterns on my homebody wish list were the Going Rogue Socks from Wolf and Tree and the Drop Pocket Cardigan from Jalie. From start to finish I had them both cut out and sewn by lunch time with three little ones destroying the house.


Since having children (or maybe it's because I rarely wear shoes) my body's circulation isn't as great and my feet are always so cold. Now when I get into bed I don't have to chase my husband out the otherside with my icy toes. The big bonus is they sew up so fast and don't require much fabric. I must add a huge collection to my everyday wardrobe.


The cardigan is perfect and oh so cozy. plus the huge fully lined pockets are perfect. When my three year-old saw it he said, "Mom, you have purse pockets?! ... I can even put my hands in here too." The instructions are amazing for a beautifuly constructed sweater with so many great seams finishes. I was so amazed that I had my husband take a look, but unfortunately he doesn't know how to appreciate those finer things in life. From start to finish I had both pieces cut out and sewn by lunch time with three little ones destroying the house.


Join us through the whole blog tour and don't miss a day!!!

Feb 1     Sew Thrifty
Feb 2     Feather's Flights
Feb 3     The Wholesome Mama
Feb 4     Sprouting Jube Jube        
             Sugarplum Cuties
Feb 5     Shaffer Sisters
Feb 8     Mabey She Made It
Feb 9     Rebel and Malice
Feb 11   Sugarplum Cuties
Feb 12   Hibbadoray
Feb 15   Bee Quilted Beauties       
             Mabel Madison
Feb 16   Sew Starly
Feb 17   All Things Katy            
             Handmade Boy
             Lady And The Gents
             Sew Like My Mom

2 comments:

  1. You are so pretty! I love how comfortable these look.... my feet are always cold too, so some socks might be a good thing to add to my sewing list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric for the cardigan is so happy and fun. I've been meaning to try that pattern out- eventually lol. And those socks are my favorite thing ever.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Your comments help us evaluate what content is most useful to you by leaving a quick comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...